The Balanced Body® Movement Principle™ help fitness professionals understand how the body moves in order to help our students, clients and patients move better. The Movement Principle provide practical tools for observing, analysing, and improving movement by gaining a deeper understanding of anatomy, kinesiology, biomechanic and optimum movement patterns, and learning how to effectively training clients to recover from injuries, improve their general fitness and enhance their performance.
The Movement Principle module covers the basic structure and function of each area of the body including bones and body landmark, joints and joint mechanics, muscles location, action ad synergies, myofascial connection, and provides the understating of anatomical and biomechanical function of the body using the information above. Each section of this module includes exercises illustrating the key concept and these exercises includes the common movement patterns taught in any fitness environment.
Movement Principles (21 hours)
- Prerequisite for all Pilates course work.
- Foundation course for the Balanced Body® Movement Specialist Certification.
- Also suitable for non-Pilates movement specialist.
The movement principles course includes five sections:
- Whole Body Movement
- Trunk Integration
- Lower Body Training
- Upper Body Training
- Mobility and Restoration
- General discussion and overview of anatomy including bones and joints in specific relationship to movement
- Exercise instruction in foundational exercises which apply to any movement and fitness setting
- A detailed, full color manual with 5 streaming video to enhance your learning experience.
- Cueing, coaching and teaching tips